Pelvic Floor Stretching Exercises
Remember no bouncing and no pushing hard when you stretch. Just stretch gradually and progressively as you inhale and exhale.
Pelvic floor stretch:
Lie on your back. Bring your knees up to your chest, and rotate out to the side.
Support your knees with your hands.
• Hold the stretch for 15 to 30 seconds as you inhale and exhale.
Hip flexor stretch:
• Kneel on a mat. Bend and line up right knee over ankle. Keep back upright. Lean forward from the hip until you feel a stretch in the left hip. Do not extend knee beyond toes.
• Hold the stretch for 15 to 30 seconds as you inhale and exhale, switch side.
• Extend your arms overhead, and straighten your legs out. Reach as far as is comfortable. Pull in with abdominal muscles.
• Stretch for 5 seconds as you inhale and exhale then relax.
• Scooch to the edge of a chair, straighten out one leg and point your toes towards the ceiling. Sit up straight and feel a light stretch up above your leg.
• Hold it for 15 seconds as you breathe, and switch side.
Inner thigh stretch:
• Put the soles of your feet together. Gently pull yourself forward bending from your hips until you feel a good stretch in your groin.
• Hold it for 15 seconds as you breathe in and out.
Buttock and low back stretch:
• Laying on your back and pull gently your left knee towards your left shoulder until you feel a light stretch in your low back.
• Hold this position for 15 seconds then release the leg. Alternate it with the other leg.
Leave a Reply